Wednesday, July 22, 2015

7/22/16 - 1 Week to Go!

Wow things sure do move fast now.  I stopped by the house yesterday to see that the hardwood floors were all in and most of the carpet was done too.  I did notice what appeared to be water collecting in the basement which seemed to have halted the carpeting process down there.  This worried me a bit so I sent a quick e-mail out to my PM Mark asking if has was aware and what the cause was.  We replied right back (which was awesome!) and asked me to give him a call if I had a second so that he could go over it with me real quick.  Turns out that the flooring people had cranked up the A/C in the house while they were doing the installation and the pump in the basement for the hvac equipment hadn't been connected yet so it was all condensation from the A/C unit, and not outside water which was a big relief.  He let me know that he was on top of it and was actually out at the house while we were talking. 


Today I stopped by and was happy to find that all the water was gone and they had fans and a commercial dehumidifier running to make sure all the moisture was gone.  They also had done a bunch of touch-ups and it appears that the blue-tape fairy had visited as well.   It's really exciting to see it getting finished up.  Our final walk-through is this Tuesday, but our PM asked if we could meet him out at the house Friday afternoon for a walkthrough so that if there was anything we wanted addressed it could be done before the final so we could know everything was as it should be.   I thought that was a pretty awesome was for him to do this.  I've been very happy and impressed with how great Mark has been.  It feels like he really takes pride in what he does and is really trying to make sure everything goes as well as possible.  This is a huge moment for my wife and I and it's nice to see that the people involved feel the same.

Now on to the pictures!










3 comments:

  1. Everything looks great. Is that slate around your fireplace? I know you all must be super excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it sure is. It's a lot darker than it looks in the picture, it was covered in dust from the drywall work.

      Delete