Tuesday, June 9, 2015

6/9/15 - Appraisal Update and Some Good News From Ryan Homes

Today were were contacted by Josh at Ryan Homes to discuss our appraisal situation that I had written about previously.  I had exchanged a few emails with our SR and had expressed how unhappy we were with what had happened and what had been offered to resolve it.  For my wife and I, it was a deal breaker, and to be completely honest, we had already begun looking at new houses in preparation for having to walk away from this one.

I am pleased to say however that we were able to bring about a mutual compromise and resolve this in a way that my wife and I are happy with.   We agreed to come out of pocket some,  they agreed to come down on the price some, and in the end we get the house that we wanted, the way that we picked it out, and we don't have to start all over again. 

I may or may not write a longer post outlining the whole thing in more detail, but for now I wanted to let those of you following this know, that my wife and I feel like Ryan Homes did right by us.  They compromised in a way that we feel is fair and they were gracious and apologetic for the issue even occurring in the first place.

Hopefully it's all smooth sailing from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment